Monday, December 9, 2013

Merry Christmas!!!

I just love this time of year.  Although, admittedly, the past few years, my house and the holidays seem to have a love/hate relationship.  Prior to this year I had only decorated once in the past 3 Christmases.  Oddly enough, the one I did decorate for, we weren't even home for it.  I'm a strange bird.

However, since it's sweet H's first Christmas, this momma had to get it together and really make things festive!  We decorated last weekend.  There was a brief moment where we thought we lost our decorations.  But, B found them and saved Christmas!  (actually, I found them.  He just crawled into the attic where they were.  Not a chore I wanted, so he gets credit.  Sort of).  H did a great job hanging out in his pack n play watching us decorate.  And, so far he's not really interested in the tree.  The presents, on the other hand, are very fascinating to him.  Sadly, only two little board books are for him. I figured, his grandparents will get him more than enough and he has so few needs.  So, we will wait till later years to really go all out.  He won't really notice this year anyway. 

This weekend, we took him to see Santa.  He was all decked out in his holiday finest.  And, by finest, I mean an adorable outfit that I bought for this specific outing that he won't be able to wear again.  He and Santa had matching bellies and the pants were more like capris.  He did so good with the big guy though.  He sat there and smiled like a good boy.  He even cried when I picked him up off Santa's lap.  Such a little ham.  The girl doing the pictures took a ton because he was doing so good.

This coming weekend, we will celebrate Christmas with B's family.  Then we head off to celebrate with my family in TN.  I.  can't. wait.  We will be there the whole week.  I absolutely adore my mom's house at Christmas.  That coupled with my family for a whole week makes my heart smile.  I can't wait to see H with his cousins now that he's mobile and interactive.  It's going to be the best.

Love this.  Aside from the fact that he looks like a ginger.  He's not.

 



My handsome med waiting to meet Santa
 
This face

 
It's Santa!  I know him!!
I hope you all have a very wonderful and Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment