Monday, September 22, 2014

Is this thing on?

Oh, hello there!  Remember me?  I'm the blogger who sucks at blogging.  I have an adorable son.  Remember me?

So, yeah, I've taken a 7 month hiatus from blogging.  I'd like to say that I needed a cleans or whatever. But, the fact is, life got crazy.  The past 7 months have been bananas (I may or may not have sang the Gwen Stefani song while spelling that...).  And, I'm not really sure anyone reads my little piece of the internet.  So, I quit blogging.  But, things have both slowed down and ramped back up, so I thought "what the hell" let's give this thing another go.  Who cares if anyone even reads it.  Sometimes it's nice to just put it all out there and get it off your chest.

Here's a quick recap of what's happened since we last spoke:

* We decided to list our house and buy a bigger one
* Holt turned ONE!!!!!
* Our house sold in 4 days for the asking price
* I got a new job
*We were almost homeless b/c we go screwed over on a new construction house and then we had a mortgage snafu
* We found, fell in love with, and bought a new house
* Another daycare shuffle - still with our favorite just a different set up
* We moved
* B got a new job
* We decided we want to have another baby

Whew.  Bananas.

As for that last little bit.  Yeah.  About that.  No, I'm not pregnant.  Nor do I expect to be for a while.  But, we decided to just see what will happen.  I'm taking a suppliment called Pregnitude that my RE put me on the cycle I got pregnant with H.  I've been on it for about a month and a half.  Then, during my annual gyno visit, I discussed with Dr. T that we were sort of seeing what could happen but by no means were we ready to go back to the RE.  So, she prescribed me some Clomid and gave me instructions to call her if I didn't get my period a week after a normal person would.  I didn't.  So, today I called in to get some Provera to see if we can kick start a period and then we will see what happens.

My thoughts about doing this again - I sort of feel no pressure.  Would I like another child?  Absolutely.  But, I don't feel this major race against the clock.  I've had several friends get pregnant and I'm nothing but happy for them.  I have my perfect little kiddo.  He's the best thing ever.  Seriously, sometimes I look at him and think my heart may burst from loving him so damn much.  So I really feel like another pregnancy and child is really just icing on the cake.

Remind me of this when I'm 6 months in and clomid isn't working and I'm devastated....

1 comment: